Thank you for visiting the PAVE AmeriCorps website! Here you can find information about our intervention program, volunteering information, and our contact information.
Join us for 2017-18!
PAVE AmeriCorps is recruiting Academic Coaches for the 2017-18 Program Year. Please check out our Recruitment Page for more information on the position or how to apply.
PAVE AmeriCorps Vision
At PAVE AmeriCorps, our vision is a community where no matter a person’s circumstance, that person can learn, grow, and succeed.
PAVE AmeriCorps Mission
Our mission is to ensure that students are given the tools to succeed personally and academically throughout school; that members of the community are aware of and able to access needed resources; and to increase awareness of needs so that any community in which we are present becomes an overall better place because of our service.
PAVE AmeriCorps Values
- The core reason PAVE AmeriCorps exists is to lessen the effects of poverty and to improve the lives of the people in the communities in which we serve. We will always ask ourselves, “How will this decision affect our Program, AND how will this decision affect our community?”
- We will seek long-term, positive impacts for our community instead of short-term impacts for the Program, individual, or organization we serve.
- Our message will be consistent, positive, and passionate. We CAN make a difference. We WILL make a difference.
- We will strive to perform accurately and thoroughly instead of quickly. We will value quality over quantity.
- We will be the change we want in our community. We will model the behavior we want to see in others by the decisions we make and the actions we take. To that end, Members and Staff will always perform professionally and strive towards excellence. We will exhibit kindness and inclusiveness even in difficult situations. We acknowledge that it is only through team work within our Program and within our community that our goals will be accomplished.
- We believe that people often know the answers they seek, but fear failure. We will inspire and encourage people to draw on wisdom and resources they have gained through experience, to embrace what they know, and to build new strengths upon old strengths.
- The systems we teach and utilize within our Program will push people to their highest potential but be simple enough that they can be maintained without ongoing consultation or other assistance.
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps engages more than 50,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet community needs in education, the environment, public safety, homeland security, and other areas. Members serve with national nonprofit organizations like Habitat for Humanity, the American Red Cross, and Teach for America, as well as with hundreds of smaller community organizations, both secular and faith-based. Other members serve with AmeriCorps*NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps), a team-based residential program for adults 18 to 24 years old, or in low-income communities with AmeriCorps VISTA. In exchange for a year of service, AmeriCorps members earn an education award that can be used to pay for college or to pay back qualified student loans. AmeriCorps is administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service, which also oversees Senior Corps and Learn and Serve America. It is part of USA Freedom Corps, a White House initiative to foster a culture of citizenship, service, and responsibility, and help all Americans answer the President’s Call to Service.
PAVE AmeriCorps is the proud grantee of a Federally Competitive National Direct AmeriCorps grant. The material on this website is based upon work supported by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) under Grant No. #15ESHMO0010002. Opinions or points of view expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of, or a position that is endorsed by, CNCS or the CNCS Program.